Sunday, September 18, 2016

Medical update


Just a brief update on the plan going forward. Friday I restart chemo. Groan. Before that I have to get a chest-port put in, so I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the med center. In November, after two cycles of chemo, there will be another scan. If the metastatic cancer hasn't been reduced, we will turn to alternate methods. The doc suggests participating in a research study on a new immunotherapy approach. Whether this will be more or less of a pain than chemo is unclear, nor is there any guarantee it will work. But that's a couple of months away, which in my current way of thinking is the distant, remote future. When it gets closer I'll do some research into it, but for now...one day at a time is the only way.

Today Finley turned five!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment